Sergeant Rock was a paratrooper, one of the famous 'Red Devils' of the Parachute Regiment, who saw active service in a variety of locations throughout World War II. He later served with the Special Air Service.
Powers and abilities
Peak human male.
- When the Sgt. Rock — Paratrooper strip began, Rock himself was initially no more than a narrator of one-off stories revolving around the regiment (some of which may have been retouched reprints from earlier titles). Later, he would take a more active role, the title of the strip eventually changing to Sgt. Rock — Special Air Service as Rock went into action with the S.A.S.
- Technically, Sgt. Rock started life as an Odhams character, but in reality his strip was a part of the post-Odhams Power Comics era of Smash! under new publishers IPC, started a little early in order to provide the title with some continuity after its relaunch.
- Sergeant Rock strips later appeared in several Battle Picture Weekly annuals and specials.
Sgt. Rock has no connection to the DC Comics character of the same name.
- Appearances of Sergeant Rock-Paratrooper
- Character Gallery: Sergeant Rock-Paratrooper
- Images that feature Sergeant Rock-Paratrooper
- Fan-Art Gallery: Sergeant Rock-Paratrooper
- Sergeant Rock-Paratrooper quotations
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·